Share or Like our page and get 25% off any purchase on our website. Just use one of the buttons below to share our page. Then at check out enter the coupon code SHARE25 and get 25% off of your purchase.
Just Released On Amazon.com
5'x10' Teardrop Camp Trailer Building Manual
Click on the image to visit the book page on Amazon.com
The information below applies to both the 5 x 8 teardrop trailer and the 5 x 10 teardrop trailer unless one specific size is specified. Since the only difference between our 5 x 8 teardrop trailer and our 5 x 10 teardrop trailer is the size and the profile of the trailer.
We have two teardrop trailer plans available, our Classic Style 5 x 8 Teardrop Trailer and our
Benroy Style 5 x 10 Teardrop Trailer. With the plans, step by step building instructions and materials list, both sets of plans contain over 65 pages. Although most people choose to use one of the little bolt together trailers for the frame or other prefabricated trailer, we also included the plans and building instructions for the frame in case you want to build your own. Something you won't find with our competitors.
If you do use one of the little bolt together trailers for the frame, there is no welding needed to build these trailers.
Our 5 x 8 and our 5 x 10 Teardrop Camp Trailers have enough room for a queen size mattress that only weigh between 600 - 700 lbs. And we show you how we saved hundreds of dollars on the cost of building our teardrops.
Years ago when I decided to build my first teardrop trailer, I had purchased several different sets of plans and I was unable to use any of them. They were either incomplete, badly copied old magazine article, or just plain unsafe.
After becoming frustrated, I spoke to a friend who also designs and builds trailers, and between the two of us we came up with the design and set of plans for our 5 x 8 teardrop trailer, then as we built our first teardrop trailer, we wrote out step by step, easy to understand instructions including the measurements, sketches, images and drawings.
Since then we have built a number of these little camp trailers, and our latest 5 x 10 teardrop trailer which provides even more room.
And fortunately for you, as we continued building these trailers, we learned a few tricks along the way, so we updated the instructions and included some tips and tricks we learned to give you the best information possible.
One of the concerns that a number of our customers seemed to have was their ability to draw the profile. So we tackled the problem and we came up with a fool proof technique that will enable anyone to draw a perfect, smooth curve for the profile every time, even if you can't draw a straight line. And you don't need any special tools period. We believe its better then a template and most all of our customers agree.
Using our method to draw the profile, you can easily draw a smooth perfect curve every time.
Besides drawing the profile, the other biggest concern we heard from our customers was about something called bow back (I have also seen it called spring back) when building the hatch. Bow back or spring back is when the luan is bent and placed over the ribs of the hatch, it can try to straighten back out and pull the hatch out of shape and you can end up with a gap.
So we also tackled this issue as well and we came up with a very easy way to build the hatch and you won't have to worry about bow back either. And drawing the curve of your hatch so that matches the curve of your sidewalls is simple as well because we have you use the corner pieces that you cut off your sidewalls as your template for the hatch. So its easy to build and easy to get a perfect fit.
1. Very easy to build with our step by step instructions.
2. Features room for a queen size mattress.
3. Instructions for building the teardrop using one of the little kit trailers for the frame is included.
4. Safe on the road, good balance, no swaying or bouncing etc.
5. You can very easily customize about any part of this trailer.
6. Light weight, can be towed behind your Honda Civic or other small vehicle.
7. Will not effect your fuel mileage much at all.
8. We show you a very simple fool proof way to draw the profile.
9. Includes wiring diagram and instructions.
10. If you use one of the kit trailers for your frame, there will be no welding and you will not need to have the DOT inspection.
11. You will get our email address in case you have any questions along the way.
12. Over 65 pages of information to ensure every step is well explained.
13. Includes the trailer frame plans as well.
14. We show you how we saved hundreds of dollars on the cost of building either of these trailers.
Click on the Teardrop Trailer Plans below that you are interested in.